We hope you find this guide to buying designer Engagement Rings helpful but if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact customer services.
Diamond Clarity is a grading scale from absolutely flawless right through to flaws that can even be seen with the untrained naked eye! Don't worry, we don't sell the latter.
One thing people aren't usually aware of is that you should increase you discernment by picking a higher clarity grade when buying larger diamonds or ones with large wide open top faces such as Emeralds and Princesses because its easier to see inclusions in those stones.
Stay at or above SI2 at all times. Stay at or above SI1 if the diamond is over 0.5 carat in size, and ideally at or above VS2 if the diamond is over 0.75 carats.
See both our Modena Engagement Rings Collection and Signature Engagement Rings Collection. Note that you can select a diamond to meet your size, quality and budget requirements using the button at the top left..
The Maia Engagement Ring in 18kt White Gold from the Signature Collection.
The Eternal Engagement Ring in 18kt White Gold from our Signature Collection.
There is a relatively simple answer to this question, which is that our diamonds are listed in our catalogue in order of price, and it is usually the case, that the higher the price, the better the diamond. You could therefore select an engagement in our online shop, then press the change-diamond button and scroll through to your budget and chose that stone.
However, our diamond graders will usually be able to make a better choice and often save you money too. Don't worry, even if you do make your own decision, we will of course make a recommendation when the order comes through if we think there is a better option available.
At 1791 Diamonds Australia we believe in selling only the highest quality diamonds and we do not sell diamonds below the SI2 grade. The diamonds we sell range from SI2 all the way to FL, which is the highest and rarest clarity grade!
We don't sell diamonds with blemishes that are visible to the untrained naked eye.
Our customer services team are experienced diamond graders so you can be sure you are getting the best possible advice on diamond clarity and everything else! You can also choose your diamond and clarity from our huge catalogue of diamonds!
Our experienced customer services team will ensure you get the best possible diamond clarity, please Contact Us with any questions.
The below terms a quite complex, a simple guide is to look at SI grades or better with FL as the highest diamond clarity grade.
- FL - IF (Flawless or Internally Flawless). This is the top diamond clarity grade, some diamonds in this grade have inclusions that can't even be seen with a jeweller's 10x loupe. If there are no imperfections seen under 10x magnification; diamond graders may use stronger magnification tools to find the inclusions or imperfections, if inclusions are found then the diamond would be given a lower grade like a VVS1 for example.
- VVS (Very, Very Slightly Included). Diamonds with a VVS clarity have small inclusions which even experienced diamond graders have trouble locating with a loupe. Small pinpoints, hairline feathers and even a cluster of tiny pinpoints creating a subtle cloud are attributes that would give a diamond a VVS clarity grade. VVS1 and VVS2 clarity grades are used to separate between high and low ends of this grade when the diamonds are over 47 points (0.47ct).
- VS (Very Slightly Included). The diamond clarity grade VS refers to diamonds with inclusions that are small in appearance. With the VS clarity grade, experienced diamond graders can still have trouble finding the inclusions, however once found the inclusions are easily found the second time. Sub grades VS1 and VS2 are used to separate between the high and low ends of the VS clarity grade, these sub grades are used when diamonds exceed 47 points (0.47ct).
- SI (Slightly Included). The SI1 clarity grade includes diamonds that have inclusions that can be easily found with a 10x magnification loupe, while some of the inclusions in the SI1 grade can be seen with the naked eye. Sub grades SI1 and SI2 are used to separate between the high and low levels of the SI clarity grade, these sub grades are also used when the stone exceeds 0.47 diamond carats.
- P or I (Pique or Imperfect). The I clarity grade includes diamonds that have inclusions which are instantly visible with a 10x loupe, and they can often be seen with the naked eye alone. I clarity grade diamonds reduce fire, brilliance and sometimes the durability of the diamond, the inclusions will noticably affect the beauty of the stone. Attributes of an I grade diamond include dark crystals, big fractures and dark marks in the diamond.
At 1791 Diamonds Australia we provide a full Independent Diamond Grading Certificate with every diamond over 0.30ct in size. This is very important with engagement rings as this is the only way that the customer has proof of the true quality of the diamond, many retailers may provide a diamond certificate but if this is not independent then you cannot be sure of the legitimacy of the document.
|Phone:||02 8006 1860|